A 29-year-old stagehand at the Philharmonic in Jelenia Góra, Lower Silesia, was charged with murder in the double homicide of a young female harpist and a security guard inside the orchestra’s building last week.
The suspect is only known as Michał M., since according to Polish law, suspects’ and victims’ full names cannot be revealed while their case is ongoing.
The two victims, Paweł K., the 60-year-old security guard, was found on the ground floor, and Wiktoria J., the 27-year-old harpist, was found on the first floor. An autopsy showed the harpist was strangled and the guard died of head wounds.
Violetta Niziołek, the prosecutor’s spokesperson, said that the suspect had been questioned and charged with murder.
“Michał M. has been put under arrest for three months, pending further investigation,” Ms Niziołek said. “He partly confessed to the charges concerning the death of the guard, but was saying he did not remember anything concerning the harpist,” she added.
The philharmonic orchestra will play Mozart’s Requiem for the victims on March 22.
From Warsaw Business Journal
Chinese-Vietnamese crime gang in zł.2.6 bln fraud
President Roosevelt knew Stalin was behind Katyn massacre
Number of overall and serious crimes shrinks
Polish general stabbed to death by own son
Former head of Polish army stabbed to death by son: reports
Commemorating Europe Day, EU faces key challenges
BY Stratfor Global Intelligence
Deputy PM cries out for attention
BY Remi Adekoya